Monday, February 27, 2012

My Valentine Suprise

I Love my husband, but as men go he almost always waits to the last minute to pick out a Valentines Day Card. He is one of those guys who swings in at Walgreen's on his way home from work to try to find any leftover Valentines Day cards and maybe a box of chocolate, so imagine my surprise when I received a card, box of my favorite chocolates and a date invitation a whole week before Valentine's day this year.  He had made reservations to one of our favorite restaurants a week early so we could get in on the Saturday before the big lover's holiday, and he also arranged for my mom to keep the kids. Wow was I shocked to find out that this was just the beginning. The day before our big date he left home on some secret errand and on the day of our date he insisted that I go shopping for a new outfit and said I could get my hair cut while he watched the kids.   At this point I was feeling super pampered, but I still had not uncovered the reason for the mystery errands. After I got dressed my sweetie insisted that he thought my new outfit was only missing one thing, then he handed me a tiny beautifully wrapped box. Inside was the diamond wedding set we had not been able to afford at the time of our wedding. He had been saving every penny he could scrape from our single income budget for years and was as happy to place it on my finger as I  was to have it there. He is always giving me a reason to feel special but boy o boy did he outdo himself this year.

1 comment: