Tuesday, February 28, 2012

WHATS FOR SUPPER?

The first thing Keith asks when i go to pick him up from school is "whats for supper mommy?". It never fails to amaze me that with the entire days worth of tales just bubbling up inside waiting to spill over he has to first find out whats cooking. On the rare occasion that we plan to eat out for supper, he always expresses disappointment and reminds me that he thinks I am the best "cooker" in the world. With comments like that it makes cooking at home so enjoyable that I actually look forward to planning meals, and preparing them, for our little family, but lately I have been bored with the same meals repeating over and over so I  am trying to experiment with different meals or at least different versions of old favorites.  Last night I made barbeque chicken, but instead of the same old original sauce I spiced it up by using sweet and spicy sauce and melting cheese over the chicken.  It was a hit, but next time I will have to remember the bread. Our mouths were not used to the "heat" that the meal provided. In the end we enjoyed the change and my little man expressed his pleasure with the variation.  I will try to post this recipe a little later today. It is simple and can easily be jazzed up with bacon bits and diced tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment